Tuesday, March 12, 2013

#7: Donate treats to an animal shelter.

This one has been my favorite one to do by far, thanks Amanda for reccomending this location! In one of my many trips to Target, I picked up a couple boxes of dog treats (I almost gave them to Logan instead because they were so cute, but I bought him a bag of bacon strips instead.) to donate to the Howard County Animal Control and Animal Shelter. I wrote to them ahead of time and they said I could drop off donations at any time. They're open late one day a week and it was perfect because my cousin Cammy is in town visiting and wanted to go with me. 

After we dropped off the treats to the front counter, the worker said we could go back and see/play with the dogs so we did! It was kind of sad seeing them all locked up and I just wanted to free them all. Some of them even had stories about why they were there (the saddest was a cute dog who was dropped off by someone deploying overseas and couldn't find anyone to take him) on their charts. Cams and I picked out one little puppy named Easton to play with and I really wanted to take him home. He was so cute and playful and he loved me so I tried to convince her it was meant to be but she talked some sense into me. He does have 4 other siblings though so someone please go adopt them all! 

Howard County Animal Control and Animal Shelter
8576 Davis Road (Off 108 E)
Columbia, Maryland 21045

Adoption Hours:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday | 10:00 am - 4:30pm
Tuesday Adoption Hours | 1:30 - 7:00 p.m.
Saturdays | 10 a.m - 2:00pm





Easton!!

No comments:

Post a Comment