Friday, March 15, 2013

#1: Blessing bags for the homeless.

I saw the idea for blessing bags on Pinterest (of course). The idea is that you take a gallon bag and fill it with things for homeless people: toiletries, food, water, etc. I had made these bags at the start of Lent except I didn't want to check this one off without actually giving it to a homeless person. So, I kept the bags in my car in case I saw someone while driving. Shockingly, there's not a whole lot of homeless people in Columbia so I haven't been able to give one to anyone but tonight, the Terrapin Club Young Terps game watch was in Bethesda and I found a homeless person asking for food and money on the corner of Connecticut. I have more in my car if anyone drives by homeless people often and can hand them out! 

In my blessing bags, I put in:
  • Sobe waters
  • toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothpaste, etc.)
  • candy
  • peanut butter crackers (not shown because I added them after this was taken)
 but add whatever you want to your bags! 

No comments:

Post a Comment