Saturday, March 30, 2013

#11: Baby sit for a mom.

I have no idea how parents do it--whenever I take Nat or AB for a long period of time I'm exhausted afterward! Even more impressive are single parents--how do they do it by themselves?

One of my coworkers, Christie, just happened to stop by my office yesterday while I was talking about all the acts of kindness I had left on my list. I joked around about how I would love to take her 9 year old son for a couple hours today and she told me she would love it--so I picked him up today! Myron and I spent a couple hours together--we went to lunch, did some shopping at Target, and went to the park where he helped me cross off another one of my Lent acts. I told Christie to take it easy and just take some time for herself because she does so much all the time. She works full time, is in school, and cares for Myron. But, she used the time apart to clean the house and get ready for Easter. This was something pretty easy to do and seemed to mean the world to Christie!

I think I tired him out...

No comments:

Post a Comment