Friday, March 29, 2013

#33: Thank a soldier for their service.

This one was more difficult than it sounds. Well, it could've been really easy but I put all these rules on it and made it hard. When Tiffany/Greg originally helped me think of this one, we said it could just be seeing a random person out and saying thank you. It would be brownie points if they were out somewhere I was dining and I picked up their check. We also decided that people at work couldn't count because I work with so many military people. 

Problem was, outside of work, I never saw anyone out in uniform in the past 40 days. So, I got a little desperate. I found a website that you could send thank you cards or cards of support to and they'd distribute them to deployed troops. Greg told me that wasn't good enough, so I thought bigger. This entire Lenten period I've wanted to include Chickfila somehow since it's one of my favorite places. One of the kids that works the front desk at St. Louis now works at Chickfila, William. I reached out to William and asked if he could help me and he immediately said yes. I wrote a card to say thank you and came in to buy a $10 gift card. I put both in an envelope and gave it to William to pass off to the next military person that comes in. This way it's also completely random! 


No comments:

Post a Comment