Friday, March 29, 2013

#10: Thank my mail carrier.

My best friend Chris once told me that I could make friends with a wall if I wanted to. That said, I guess it makes sense that I've become friendly with the mail carrier at my work. Her name is Dionne and she's awesome--rain or shine, she's there. When she's out and there's someone else delivering our mail, she gets really upset when it's not done correctly and constantly apologizes. I haven't seen her in a couple weeks and was at the post office a couple days ago. I ended up talking to a supervisor about something else so I asked if she knew Dionne and knew what happened to her. Apparently she broke her ankle so she can't work in the field and instead has to stay at the post office and work in the back. I asked if I could drop off something for her and if she could get it to her, and she said yes! I dropped off a box of girl scout cookies (Dionne has a sweet tooth) with a note telling her how much we appreciate her hard work. I think the mailman I dropped it off to was jealous. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment