Thursday, March 28, 2013

#34: Be a mentor.

A couple years ago I had the honor of going back to my alma mater and serving as the assistant JV field hockey coach. It was so cool to be back at my old school and coaching young girls in one of my passions. It's been awesome to see them grow up over the years (my freshmen are now seniors and they just won the state championship). I've kept in touch with most of them, especially Stephanie McGowan.

I knew Steph before coming into coach because she worked the front desk at St. Louis and was always there when I had rehearsals for Mass with Paul. She's the cutest because she always talks about how I'm one of her mentors and how she looks up to me. We've been trying to have dinner for the past couple months so luckily I was able to make it on her calendar tonight and catch up! Love you Steph--so proud of the amazing young woman you've become. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment