Friday, March 29, 2013

#30: Take a package to someone going through chemo.

The Claudia Mayer Cancer Resource Center at Howard County General is an awesome place. They offer a lot of help to cancer patients and their families: lending library, wig salon, prosthetic & aesthetic services, complimentary medicine including acupuncture, yoga, and tai chi, and so much more. Since I don't know anyone currently going through chemo, I decided to bring my care package to them. They've agreed to give the package to a random client who comes in. (They were shocked that I was just giving it to a random stranger!) It was super convenient from my house too...right down the street! 

Inside my bag:
- mints
- tissues
- chapstick
- notebook & folder
- pen
- hand lotion
**If you don't have time to go pick up things for a bag, they also accept checks!

Claudia Mayer Cancer Resource Center at Howard County General Hospital
10710 Charter Drive, Suite G050 
Columbia, MD 21044
Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm (Tuesday evenings until 7:00pm)


No comments:

Post a Comment