Friday, March 22, 2013

#19: Write a note to management about someone that treated you well.

I've been meaning to write a note to Greene Turtle management about one of their fantastic servers, Cate. Jeremy Martin and I are co-chairs of the Young AFCEAn Socials and every month they're held at the Greene Turtle in Columbia. We usually have between 30-45 people come and go during the socials but this month, we probably had 60. Cate was able to keep track of everyone and what drinks they ordered (it's a networking event so people are constantly walking around) and was great! 

As previously noted, it's a Varen tradition to set up shop at a bar and watch the March Madness games together. I had emailed/called Columbia Ale House earlier in the week to give them the heads up that we were all coming and to reserve space. However, they kept getting calls from all sorts of people so they said they weren't taking reservations--we could just try to come early and stake claim to whatever space is available. I was the chosen one to stake out space...by myself. I arrived at the bar at 11:15 to find out that the general manager managed to give us our own bar and little area for the day! He gave us the best bartender ever, Ben. Ben and I became best friends since my company left me hanging for an hour by myself and there was no one else at the bar yet. He was so efficient and friendly the entire day. I'm also a pretty picky eater (and this being a Friday during Lent didn't help because all I really wanted was meat) and I just wanted a Bud Light but this place is too fancy for that. Ben kept bringing me different beers to help me find something I liked. I spent eight hours there today (yup, you read that right--8 hours) and Ben was there to keep us company the whole time. HUGE thank you to Columbia Ale House for everything they did today!

If you happen to go to one of these establishments, request Cate as your server or Ben as your bartender!

Greene Turtle Columbia
8872 McGaw Rd  
Columbia, MD 21045

Columbia Ale House
6480 Dobbin Center Way  
Columbia, MD 21045

I love snail mail rather than hand delivering things (I just think it's so fun to get surprises delivered to you) so I just dropped them both in the mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment